Monday, June 18, 2007

Réflexion sur le 16 juin 2007

A life together began today, a life together for a (44-year) duration was celebrated today, a life together in different parts of the state begins tonight.

My nose is running & salty water pours down my face from my lamps and I try to remember the last time such sadness manifested itself in this manner and I remember youth group on the Friday before leaving for APU. Kevin's face was covered in tears, breathing was exaggerated and unsteady, his face turned red with every moment holding another burst of tears welling up to blur vision.

Why could I not understand this move until the moment before I leave, then I could have cried for hours in her arms. Now I cry in the arms of my chair in the Odyssey as my mom takes me back into her life. Restaurant Lane & Duarte High School scream memories with my one true love--the only one with whom I would choose to share my life.

The sky is beautiful & clear, hues of whitened blue, of yellow, of orange & of pink as the sun sets on the day following our most romantive date above the trees & lights. I cannot even bow my nose as I burst into another state of tears welling up. The only thing keeping me from crying without stop or end is the concentration on words placed into a definite place in eternity: words that will last in my heart as I remember leaving the One I hope to never Leave.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

This made me feel so special and loved, Jason. It was so nice to be able to read your thoughts and emotions about this.

I am unsure what you meant with your first paragraph. What is the 44-year duration?

Jason Pestell said...

The first relationship referred to the newly wed Ryan and Marjorie; the second relationship referred to the couple that was celebrating their 44 years of marriage on that day (an annoucement that I believe Marjorie's mother made during the reception), et la troisième est la nôtre.